- John played his now traditional abject opening, fought hard to almost equalise, but never quite did so.
- Callum went for a very aggressive attack whilst leaving his queenside open and his c3 knight en prise. He continued to press after losing the exchange and his game continued to go downhill rapidly.
- Ben C appeared to be losing an endgame being 2 pawns down and his opponent converted.
- Ben P had a probably lost endgame after allowing his opponent to exchange on f3, but then blundered and lost a piece.
- Toby’s opponent failed to materialise. Hate it when that happens.
We’ll have better nights this season!
P.S. I blame myself. Clearly my tweet to Donald Trump about Qais didn’t work. Should’ve emailed.