- Ben played a solid opening and looked fine until he dropped a couple of pawns. When Dave forced the queens off it was all over.
- Callum played a fine game, and finished it off with a neat rook sacrifice to force mate.
- Gerry’s game looked under control until he swapped two minor pieces for rook and pawn. Mark’s extra piece proved stronger than Gerry’s passed pawn.
- John was solid but short of space after the opening but then allowed Aidar to push his queen into a corner. It never got out again!
- Richard was better against George, though over 30 minutes behind on the clock as George played rapidly as usual. Then Richard dropped a piece to a fork, but managed to push a pawn to the 7th as compensation. In a wild and exciting finish George tried to find a mate, and in doing so underestimated the threat to his own king.