|Home Team: Kents Luton||Away Team: Bedford D|
|1||Andrew Perkins||188||0.5||0.5||Richard T Bodily||140e|
|2||Michael Joseph||152||0||1||John J Harbour||141|
|3||Pete Montgomery||145||0||1||Gerry Nolan
|4||Marek Gladysz||142||0.5||0.5||Callum T Shields||123|
|5||Samir Vora||140||1||0||Ben Pike||80e|
|Date Played: 03/03/2014||2||3|
Captain John’s notes – in approximate finishing order:-
- Callum and Marek swapped off some pieces and agreed a draw
- Ben played the Morra Gambit against Samir but got distracted on the Kingside when the c file was begging to be owned
- Gerry planted a bishop on d6 early on, and Pete’s position was horrible from then on see game
- Richard had no real problems against Andrew’s Sicilian and agreed a draw an exchange up with just four minutes left on his clock
- Michael and I manoeuvred patiently (at one point he played Nf3-e1-d3-c1-b3 – I thought it was better placed on f3). At the first time control we had exchanged just three pairs of pawns, and we entered the blitz finish in a complicated middle game position. We both missed chances (Fritz has him as +6 immediately before the move that allowed me to win a piece) and his final mistake was to resign when we both had a minute left and I could easily have lost on time trying to mate him.
So Luton suffered their first defeat of the season. Up the Ds!!